• HE President Yoweri Museveni, President of Uganda
• HE President Mahinda Rajapaksa, President of Sri Lanka
• HE President Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda
• Rt Hon Helen Clark, Administrator, UNDP
• Dr Joan Clos, Executive Director, UN-Habitat
• Dr Richard Sezibera, Secretary-General, East African Community
Download a copy of the conference report on Developmental Local Government
The 2013 Commonwealth Local Government Conference was opened by HE President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni
HE President Museveni says that Uganda introduced decentralisation to strengthen local government as a way of empowering communities to participate in development Read more
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa said that local government plays a vital role in strengthening democracy as democratic governance impacts most through institutions which bring government to their doorstep
Dr Richard Sezibera, Secretary-General of the East African Community thanked local governments of East Africa for supporting the EAC integration process
more than 40 countries and 500 delegates are participating in CLGC 2013. If you are among these, send your comments to #clgc2013.
The conference outcomes the Kampala declaration and Munyonyo statement will be presented to Commonwealth Heads of Government for their endorsement and will feed in to UN discussions on the post-2015 global development agenda. Read more about the conference outcomes.